News | Is Kanye the Black Madonna?

Is Kanye the Black Madonna?

The Queen of Pop compares her and Yeezy!

Madonna has branded Kanye West “the new Madonna” in an interview.

The “Living For Love” singer made the comparison when speaking to the New York Daily News, where she spoke openly about working with Yeezy on three tracks for her new LP, ‘Rebel Heart’.



Madge exclaimed: “Kanye is the black Madonna. We know, and recognise, that we have that in common. We're comrades in the envelope-pushing genre.”

She went on to talk about her forthcoming album, stating: "I've been doing what I've been doing for over three decades, so in many ways I feel like a survivor.

“I see that many of my peers, and friends, and people I collaborated with are no longer with us.”

The Queen of Pop added: "That gave me pause. I said, 'Wow, I can't believe I made it this far.' That was a catalyst for me.



"There's a looking back here, a missing the beginning of my career when I was surrounded by other artists. Not musical artists, but artist-artists - like Keith Haring and Basquiat and Warhol.

"It was a time when pop music was more naive and free. I was missing that feeling and that mixture of so many different worlds in New York."

The 56-year old also went on to slam critics who have claimed that she should stop showing off her body on stage, stating: “B*tch, this is what my ass looks like - show me what your ass looks like when you're 56.

"I take care of myself. I'm in good shape. Who's to say when I can show my ass? It's sexism. It's ageism. And it's a kind of discrimination.”



Madonna continued: "People have always judged me, and given me s**t about one thing or another. Now they're giving me s**t about age.

"It's bulls**t. And mostly I hear it from women. I feel I should be hearing support - like, 'Good for you’.”

The legend concluded: “It's like everything else. I'm opening doors for women behind me who one day won't have to deal with this s**t that I deal with."

Madonna’s new album Rebel Heart is due for release in the UK on March 9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog